Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Whidbey Weekend


We took our first trip with Bear up to Gramma & Grampa's house on Whidbey Island this past weekend. DH and I were heartily reassured that traveling with an infant is not at all impossible. Bear was a dream, and we had a blast.

We tried out our Baby Bjorn for the first time. DH look fantabulous doing his favorite Euro-chic pose with baby, three-day stubble and sunglasses. Who knew fatherhood could look so good on a guy? Hubba hubba!

We brought the Pack and Play with us, so Bear was in our bedroom with us at the beach. It was so nice to be all together in that cozy little room, with the beach winds whooshing outside our windows. It reminded me of our first weeks having the baby at home, being in the same room together.

DH and I put Bear into his crib and his own room when he was three weeks old. It was tough, but it was a major milestone for us. We knew we weren't prepared to do co-sleeping, and DH had to return to work three weeks after Bear was born. (Yes, paternity leave is a hugely terrific blessing.) So being all together in the same small room over the weekend was really nice...brought back some neat memories of not-so-long-ago. :)

Today is my Play Day. Bear and I are going to do some shopping at the swanky University Village in Seattle. I'm off to look at a Hooter Hider at Village Maternity, then we'll head to Fran's so I can get some nibbits. Nibbits are the only thing that allow me to stay within my points on Weight Watchers...every girl needs a steady dose of chocolate when trying to live healthfully!

I'm off for a fun day in town...

2 comments:

Kimberly Ann said...

Your beach trip sounds wonderful! Have a great time shopping. :-)

Lorraine said...

Wish I coulda met up with you today...see you Friday.