Friday, January 25, 2008

Daycare Rocks

Bear loves his daycare. The gals are superfantastic to him, he gets lots of cuddles and snuggles from Miss Joanna, and he loves taking his powernaps in his superfantastic crib.

The crib also happens to be the designated Emergency Crib, which means that if the building is burning down, then all the infants in his room will be thrown into that crib and wheeled out the door in a mad dash. Which means bodes well for Bear making it out in one piece. It's his crib, after all.

Bear is still getting over that nasty cold. The snot factor has been huge with this cold, and mucus combined with snot running down a small person's face is not my idea of fun. Mothering a sick person is a fascinating experience. Someone actually wants me to comfort them. It makes my heart all mushy just thinking about it...sigh...

I have recently determined that Montessori is Italian for "we don't do boogers." Not that I blame those ladies one single bit. With the temp soaring in that infant room, nasal passages get dried out quickly. Keeping the babies warm means also keeping noses and faces dried out. And for Bear, it has meant some monster boogers this week. Nasty. He comes home with rosy cheeks and bats in the cave, and then he squaks like a banshee when I have to get rid of them. Fun, fun, fun.

On the work front, I think I am finally getting the hang of how to get out the door by 6:20AM. Thank goodness for small miracles.

7 comments:

Kimberly Ann said...

I'm so glad that daycare is going well for you and Bear! I raise a latte to your continued success at work. :-)

Lorraine said...

It just takes time...

poor snot faced baby. He looked dandy on Sunday.

Br. Jonathan said...

I'm so glad I got to meet Bear. That is one cute little guy.

Good luck with the boogies.

Br. Jonathan said...

Oh, and by the way, I need to learn how to de-booger a baby. I've done the other stuff, but not that.

Miss Healthypants said...

LOL! This post actually did leave me laughing out loud. Really! I read it aloud to Iwanski, I was laughing so hard.

Bats in the cave--I love that expression! :)

To Buck's point, how exactly do you de-booger a baby??

Miss Healthypants said...

Wow, I just realized you haven't blogged for a WHILE! I was just checking out some blogs from Lorraine's links...

Hope to see more posts soon! *smiles*

Ms. Tee said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog - I just read your profile and cracked up on the question about spoons and forks. :)

I want to come back and read more. Hope your little boy gets well soon!