Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My New Life

Well, I never have time to blog any more.

Since getting back to work, I've reaqauinted myself with the old routine of reading 150 emails a day and talking about coffee. (After all, that's the gist of what I do for my away-from-home work.)

But everything else has changed.

Now, my 1 ½ hour each way commute is spent decompressing from the long day. Thinking about all the work that’s in my inbox and wondering how I’m going to feed Bear and DH and me before 10:30pm at night. Then, nearly panicking when I think that this is my new life.

I have to give some major snaps to DH, who has been an incredible gem during this heinous transition. (I say “heinous” because I like the word and because I am being hard on myself.) Heinous because I am crying on a daily basis now. My stress tolerance has fallen to virtually nil; everything seems to set me off. And watch out, I am also caffeinated, so everything that starts out heinous gets way worse once I get my hands on it.

This, too, shall pass.

For now, I stare at my wallpaper on my laptop at work. Bear is looking like such a big boy now. He's off at Montessori figuring out how to be the Big Man on Campus while he schmoozes the teachers in his room. All this, and he's only 4 months old! Waah ha!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

It's going to be fine. It's going to be fine. It's going to be fine...

just keep repeating that. Fake it until you make it, baby!