Monday, November 19, 2007

The Joys of Pot Roast

We served pot roast at our dinner part last night. It was seriously delicious. I know this because everyone at the table told me so, and because I ate it myself and I really agree that it was seriously delicious.

Searing a roast, adding some stock and wine and a few chopped veggies and then letting it bubble in a Dutch oven all day long...could dinner be any easier?

The gravy was fab, albeit a bit thick. (I should have thinned it a wee bit, as I used a tad too much flour.) The shallots and pinot noir I added to the braising liquid made for some serious yumminess.

I'm a big fan of Sunday suppers. Specifically those involving a big roast meat of some sort. So perhaps next month I'll try Kimberly Ann's Corned Beef recipe. That, too, looks seriously delicious.

Now I must away...it's my weekly Home Blessing Day. I have floors to vacuum, magazines and catalogues to recycle, and dusting to do. I've already completed the wash and changed the sheets, good on me.

3 comments:

Kimberly Ann said...

I love your Home Blessing idea! I'm going to get my fanny in gear today and do the same. Mmmm, pot roast....

Lorraine said...

Good on you, indeed. Funny, I just turned The Hat onto Home Blessings!

Kimberly Ann said...

And Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!