Saturday, November 17, 2007

Busy, Busy Weekend...

Thanks to LT and KA for your input on the Christmas card situation. After thinking about it further, I've decided to give it up entirely this year. Cold turkey sounds like a delicious option right now. Hee.

Okay, busy weekend...

Meeting Sis-in-Law for a stroll on the Burke Gilman with our boys. Then coming home to tackle the FEMA Room with DH. Tonight, we are celebrating collective wedding anniversaries with two other couples who got married within a few weeks of us. We've all recently completed our newlywed year. And DH and I even came out of it with a baby...nice door prize, wouldn't you say? We're doing a Balsamic Pork Tenderloin (actually, four of them) for this evening's supper. It's a Rachel Ray special. Will advise on how it turns out, the recipe couldn't be easier.

Tomorrow, we are having the Sunday Supper crowd back. I'm doing a pot roast with assorted root vegetables. I love potlucking, because it allows me to focus on having a clean house and preparing ONE fabulous dish. Which is totally manageable.

Have I mentioned how much I puffy-heart Safeway.com? We have slowly purchased all of our Thanksgiving menu items over the past few weeks, so as not to bust our weekly food budget. And having everything delivered right to my kitchen counter totally rocks. It's making my life a lot easier while Bear is so little!

I'm off to put on some casual walking clothes. I'll be dressing Bear in my latest fashion obsession, Janie and Jack. Dang, I am really developing a bad habit around their gorgeous baby clothing. It's scary.

Happy Weekend!

2 comments:

Lorraine said...

I haven't tried Safeway.com...but there certainly are days when it would make sense.

Have a happy weekend.

Kimberly Ann said...

Safeway.com is great. I love anything that delivers to my front door. Hope you had a wonderful weekend.